Why do Christians get upset when I laugh at them for praying?

Desiree

May 20, 2008
Whenever I see Christians praying, I can’t help it; I find it intensely amusing. I snicker and laugh and I’ve noticed that Christians who pray in public are quite sensitive about it. If they don’t want to get laughed at, then why do they pray in public? To me, praying is one of the dumbest human activities possible. It’s equivalent to thinking about what happens after death and both these activities are regular Christian past times. Should I be ashamed for finding human stupidity of this magnitude amusing?

26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the other side of the river of water, a great and spacious building; and it stood as it were in the air, high above the earth.
27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.

33 And great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building. And after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not.
34 These are the words of my father: For as many as heeded them, had fallen away.

35 And the multitude of the earth was gathered together; and I beheld that they were in a large and spacious building, like unto the building which my father saw. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Behold the world and the wisdom thereof; yea, behold the house of Israel hath gathered together to fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
36 And it came to pass that I saw and bear record, that the great and spacious building was the pride of the world; and it fell, and the fall thereof was exceedingly great. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Thus shall be the destruction of all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, that shall fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Many find childishness like mocking to be offensive.

To me, it is simply a reflection of the person. You are behaving like a child is a reflection on you, not me.

I don't care if you laugh. Go ahead have your laugh now.

Peace in Christ,
Kate

Apparently and this is beyond me, your question is filled with sophisticated humor. So good job.

This is very stupid of you to make fun of people that pray to honor God. It sounds like you are a avid Atheist. Don't make your life any worse than it is.

its kinda silly to see, if you find it that amusing everytime then laugh, we laugh at everyother stupid thing people do, and you dont have to worry about that whole hell deal, you will just be told that they will pray for you in an attempt to make you feel bad and make themselfs feel christlike.

You are extremely disrespectful and apparently need to make yourself feel superior with these childish antics. I am not a christian, and your behavior would not upset me, but I do pity you.

Why are atheists so egotistical, they feel the need to laugh at those who pray?
Are you that egotistical to think that your right to laugh at others should be just accepted, and not challenged? If you are free to laugh at others, those others have a right to confront you on your ignorance.
Thanks for asking!

Peace and Namaste!

Desiree, doll! Your at it again I see.

Basically Christians don't get sophisticated humor like yours. Stick to bathroom humor and knock-knock jokes when dealing with Christians and you'll be fine.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aoxveqf_7qQti5xe70_hZRrsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20101110080657AAtCXLe

i am not sensitive about it. and they don't pray in public unless they have a reason. most likely they were standing outside of an abortion clinic or other life threatening places.
and u just shows how ignorant you are. u SHOULD be ashamed for mocking God.

You should be more ashamed of your ignorance about yourself before looking down upon others.

Back