why does my wife want me to be interested in her work?

DaveR

May 27, 2008
my wife is a psycholigist and she went to school for a very long time, and she says she needs me to take a interest in what she does for a living!

im a mechanic and i dont think my wife needs to understand what i do for a living! Or what i do when i go to work, i work on airplanes!

why does she need me to be interested in her work?

Your wife would may like to talk to you about her work, the issues she may or may not be having or just may need to vent, It helps if you understand her job a little bit so you can help her along if she may need it.

If you really loved your wife you would be interested in her work so that says a lot about your marriage.

Maybe she wants to share what happens in her day with you.

Its is going to hurt to do this to make your wife happy?

I got lucky my husband is a mechanic and I work in auto parts, it is easy to talk about work. That would be a hard one... try and do what you can to make her life easier when she gets home.

probably because psychology is something she enjoys, and because she likes you, she wants you to share some of the happiness she gets from psychology.

she probably thinks you'll find it as interesting as she does.

Tell her when she learns to change her own oil and do a tune up you'll take an interest!
Really she just wants you to respect what she is doing and make her feel like you are proud of her and she is contributing something important to society.

Back