Windows Media Player says it needs to close as it has encountered a problem

JulieP

May 20, 2008
every time I plug in this new MP3? I have been trying to put songs onto this new MP3 player that I bought my daughter for her birthday. I go onto windows media 11, then go to sync. to device. The device has been installed correctly, it says although there was no soft wear to install it with. The problem is that even though everything has been done correctly, the message about the media player encountered a problem pops up when the MP3 device is plugged in to my computer. At first it shows that there is a device connected then just as I am about to start "dragging and dropping" songs to the device list, I am stopped in my tracks by the message. I have even tried to ignore the message and push it off the screen but when I click on to the start sync. button nothing at all happens. Please can someone help me, the man who I bought it off is no help what so ever and she is upset that she hasn't been able to use it yet. I am begging for some computer whizz kid to give me the miracle cure, here's hoping. xxx

What mp3 player are you trying to sync? What is the exact error message/code that you receive? Post that info and I'll see what I can come up with.

Back