Youtube.com

mollyF

Mar 13, 2008
Has youtube.com provided parents away to ruin their child's life in a way that was only available to parents of child-stars?

Used to be that if you wanted your kid to become a celebrity, they had be on a sitcom or in a few movies. Now they just have to uploaded to the internets.

Why do people spend so much time on these video blogs and twitters, and their putting their kids up on their too? It's kind of disturbing.

I think some of them ate to share withfamily & friends to share & in reality there isn't really any harm in it because who the he'll wants to watch little whoever first steps?
Once they get to about 12 this day and age the kids have got their whole lives up here, much of it on video. First thing my son did when he jailbroke his iPhone was to put the video camera on his dock. To them if you don't post it someone else will.

Less it's to make money/embarrass your child, then it's just plain smart

J's got one of him snapping a rope swing and landing on his butt up there. The most embarrassing you'd have thought would be the dance & singing games on the Wii up there when they've all been drinking. Non of them care

Youtube is great, I use it with my kids a lot. We talk about space and can watch a film of the space shuttle being launched; we came across the word "jaguar" today and found film of the big cat in moments and so it goes on. Brilliant resource.

Also full of some other really nasty crap too mind.

Mitch

YouTube is still pretty heavily moderated. Yes there's stuff that's going to offend many people but it's a real reflection on society. Better the stuff is there to learn from in the first place

I am not talking about people who just watch youtube.com, I am talking about people who put to much stuff about their kids, or their self, on to the website.

I had a couple of bids but the no return was putting a couple of buyers off. Ebay pulled it after a day. He'd only reached a tenner or so by then.

I never thought of a buy it now price. Priceless TBH but that wouldn't of been funny. Funnily enough my wife didn't think it was funny when I did it. Even less when he got the first bid

Back