Advice on a romantic Greek Vacation please...?

LolaV

Jan 6, 2011
My husband and I are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and would like to book a trip to Greece for September. We want to spend a little time in Athens and the rest on a romantic Greek Island. I am so confused and have absolutely no idea where to begin...Any advice on which island to go to? Charming, boutique hotels? Restaurants? Thanks!

You'll find every Greek island romantic but I think Santorini is the best choice by far.
It has been voted (2010) by the best american journal as the best island destination in the world.
And September, even October (if it suites you) is a very nice time for Santorini, you'll find better prices and will be able to swim and tour around (much better than in the middle of the summer).

Well hi i am Greek my self so i have been to a lot of Greek islands. My first choice would be definitely Santorini it is the perfect place for couples. Santorini is famous for her amazing sunrises,also there is an old volcano. The whole place is really graphic with white houses.don't expect to buy a lot of things there. Just something to remember that you went there or traditional sweets. My second choice would be Rhodes now Rhodes is bigger than Santorini so there much more things to do. Shopping not that much still but u can find gifts for everyone you want, they have good seas, good food and some memorials that you can go to. My last choice would be Cyprus now i can tell you everything about Cyprus because i live here best places that you can go to is Paphos (that is the city where live in) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paphos check it out everyone loves it but i guess since i live here i don't appreciate how beautiful it is. A lot of tourists come here if you are interested well i guess i can help you finding a hotel and good restaurants . Lets hope that i have been a help and excuse my bad English !

All the greek Islands are beautiful and romantic in their own right, But Santorini is by far and away the most uniquely stunning place in the world. Fira town is the Capitol of Santorini. Hotels, shopping, and dining options are plenty there, and is the most crowded. Firostefani is quite a bit quieter and does not have as much going on as far as dining and shopping, but the views from the Caldera are just as nice, and its only a 10 minute (beautiful) walk to Fira. Oia town is toted as the most romantic, and is popular for honeymooners, but It is quite expensive compared to Fira, and especially compared to Firostefani for the same type of hotel and dining features as the other places.
Enigma boutique Hotel in Fira is my 1st choice, especially if you get a jacuzzi suite, but its a small hotel so they book up quick. 2nd choice would be Ellinon Thea boutique hotel in Firostefani, also a small hotel with private balconies with Jacuzzi, but make sure you get a caldera view room here, they offer rooms with a garden view here, and it is not what you want. I have stayed at, and loved both of these places. and September should be easier to get a great room with a view, the prices, crowds, and temps drop as well in September. have a great trip

What about going to Corfu? I think that it will provide you the best romantic experience in Greece! I have spent there my honeymoon and I really enjoyed it! We stayed in a very nice hotel! This is the Divani Corfu Palace! The hotel was just great and it offered us the atmosphere we needed! I think that you will also like it very much! There are also many places where you can eat or drink something nearby and they were very nice! I found this hotel in a website that is a book now and pay on arrival system! What I like most about this website is that they arranged everything for us and the price they offer me which are quite reasonable as for me! For your convenience I will give you the link so that you can check and make your decision!
http://www.hitrooms.com/en/Divani_corfu_Palace.htm

Good luck and enjoy your stay there!

Didn't you hear the news in the last two days, about Santorini being the most beautiful island in the world for 2011, according to US magazine. Read about it here:

http://www.go-greece-vacations.com/santorini-island.html

or book yourselves a Small Ship Cruise here:

http://www.go-greece-vacations.com/Small-Ship-Cruises.html

First I'll have to say that September is a great time to visit a Greek Island. The sun is not so hot and sea is still warm and the booking prices are way down!

Romantic Islands

Santorini
Folegandros (my cousin had booked an amazing romantic era room for 4...)

Resturants (at least the ones I like...)

Dali
Arxaion Geuseis (??????? ???????)
and many many more..

Back