Any good examples of secret test modes on children's toys and gadgets?

Ian

Jun 4, 2008
I am an avid toy collector. I mainly collect toys for babies and younger children such as laptops, phones, keyboards, and boomboxes. I do not circuit bend, but I do enjoy power starving by wiggling batteries to discover Easter Eggs such as hidden sounds and melodies. However, I've occasionally found hidden test modes on a few of my toys, when holding down all buttons at once. One of the most interesting test modes I remember was on the Wham-O-Whirl exercising instructor toys, i.e. Cheerleader, Dance Studio, etc. I recall that in this mode, each key made a different squarewave musical note, but the notes were not in do re mi order. . I recall being able to play the first four notes from Twinkle Twinkle on the Cheerleader unit. I'm curious, however, if. A. Have any of you circuit benders who've bent one of the units ever come across this mode, and if so, are the preloaded workouts replaced with simple melodies in routine mode, and for the Try Me key? B. Do you perhaps have any other interesting/noteworthy test modes on toys or devices? sorry, if I sound a bit strange, however, I am a bit eccentric, due to Autism. Any info will be of interest. Thank you, and again, sorry, if this is a bit eccentric.

Back