Are blue ray movies worth it?

cody

Jun 4, 2008
I have a blue ray and people say that it looks the same as dvd and has the same special features

with a blu-ray only certain movies are worth it we got one as a gift for Christmas last year and honestly we dont use it that much we only bother with it when we have a action movie and still even then I wouldnt say its worth it to buy the only thing I notice is the sound on it is pretty good but still not worth the money

If you have a big HDTV then Blu Ray is definitely worth it, the picture is much sharper than DVD. But if your TV is small or it's not HD, then it will look pretty much the same as DVD.

As far as the special features, I hardly ever use them - mostly I just want to watch the movie. I'm pretty sure most discs don't have really fancy special features whether they're for DVD or Blu Ray.

It depends on the tv. Yes it puts out a much better picture than a normal dvd, but if you are playing it on tv that can't handle the better picture, than it will look the same. Its like cars. Yes a corvette is better than a neon, but when you are stuck in traffic you are going the same speed.

People say they can tell the difference but I can't really unless they have a huge tv

Back