Are there any american sports bikes?

How American do yo want? Honda's are made in Marysville ,Indiana and Kawasaki's are from Nebraska, Lincoln, I think. Designed in America and built by Americans, owned by American stock holders.
Anything else means that Ford, GM and Chrysler are European and Asian.

Theres a company named Fischer that makes an.american sportbike. Never seen one myself though.

What a Great Country we have, two motorcycle makers, sort a three if you want to count Buell since they are no longer making the only sports-bikes that were produced here.

No.

But "American" can get foggy. Mexico and Canada are American. GM builds there and calls all the cars and trucks built there " Made in America". See Senior~

Mr Davidson came from Europe and build Bikes here. Now he is dead.
Mr. Honda came from Japan and built Bikes here. Now he is dead.

America builds cruisers, the spyder is a sporty thing but its a three wheeler. Buell is not in the game anymore. The Vrod is sporty but not a sport bike, it would fall in a different category.

Mission has a prototype electric sport bike, but its gonna be pricey and available tbd. There are no longer any american sport bike makers. Buell was discontinued by harley last year. The VROD? HA! what a joke, It is a drag bike that cant lean more than 20 degrees. Trust me, I owned one and sold it because it couldn't keep up with a shadow 600 in the mountains. The japanese have a pretty dominant hold on the sport bike market in the us, followed by the germans with BMW. There are some sporty cruisers, like the Sportster xr1200, and Victory has the Hammer S. The hammer is a great bike, and the sportster not so much. I am biased though, I suffered through 4 harleys before I bought my first victory, and I will not be buying another harley.

Buell is dead - the f*cking gay Harley Inc wont give that name to Eric Buell
They rather let it die.
But, there is EBR - Eric Buell Racing
but, they are like prototype bikes and around $40k i believe

They talked about making production bikes that are affordable.... so maybe oneday, if they succeed.

Back