Atheists, how do you explain fulfilled prophecies in the bible?

MichelleMalkin1

Dec 18, 2010
the messianic prophecies mentioned in the old testament were all ascribed to Jesus thousands of years later. Also, what about the empty tomb?

Some of them may have been written after the fact, or more likely, were ascribed to Jesus fictitously. Perhaps he never even existed to begin with. And the empty tomb argument - seriously?

If you blindly throw a dart at a dartboard enough times, eventually you'll hit the target.

What empty tomb?
What fulfilled prophecies?

How do you explain Medusa turning people to stone?

ITS A MYTH... IT ISN'T REAL... IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Writing something down doesn't make it true.

How come Philo of Alexandria who lived in the same place and at the same time Jesus supposedly lived... and who wrote extensively about what was going on at the time... never mentioned Jesus even once?

Dear Christian, I can ask you how can you not believe in the fulfilled prophecies, scientifically proven theories, and miraculous true statements in the Qur'an?

Make believe with pretend on top. Proving the Bible is true by saying the Bible says so is circular logic and therefore a fallacy.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-god-who-wasnt-there/

Good point.

The Bible is the only holy book that contains scores of prophecies on many subjects, all of which are being fulfilled, have been fulfilled, or about to be fulfilled. Most holy books contain no prophecy at all.

I could make a formidable argument if I could prove that Jesus did not exist.

However, I think it rather foolish to deny the existence of one of the most influential personalities in this world's history. So, that being said, a person that argues with Scripture can't prove otherwise. If Jesus lived (agreeing with historians, both friendly and hostile) then the Scripture is most likely correct about the empty tomb. What happened to the body of a executed criminal under the guard of roman centurions whose purpose was to secure the tomb at the cost of their own lives? Think critically about this and there is only one logical answer. The argument of the empty tomb is too compelling to dismiss without seriously considering the resurrection. It is far easier to say that Jesus was never there because he did not exist; but that is the epitome of ignorance.

The bible cannot be proven wrong but that doesn't necessarily mean that people are going to believe it. Hebrews 4:12 makes it clear that God's word determines unbelief. From our birth, because of our sin nature, there are layers and layers of deception that we've aquired from life. We believe what we want to believe. And God's word, being sharper than a two-edged sword, cuts through these layers of deceptions and illuminates the darkness with its glorious revealing ligth and shows, not only what is right or wrong with our hearts, but what we truly believe. It discerns the motivatons behind our thoughts and intentions.

http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/Historical%20evidence%20on%20the%20exhistance%20of%20Jesus.htm

This is quick link to some of the facts. Still, the most compelling evidence, taken with these historical documents, is the fact that hundreds of Jesus' followers in the first century AD gave their lives for their faith. You really have to be blind to deny that Jesus existed.

Your first part makes no sense.

Your second part has already been worked against. go look it up sometime.

I have a prophecy myself. Some people will answer this question by saying that those prophecies were written after the fact or weren't that hard to predict. Some others will say something along the lines of "they cant anser it bcuz there dum."

It's not that hard to write prophecies that come true.

When we look at these stories, and measure them by the same rubric we use for determining the historic likelihood of other events, they hold no value. The Messianic prophecies were vague, not consistent, and often not in line with the story of Jesus, or historic information. Like the other stories of Jesus, the story of the empty tomb is not a first hand account, and carries little historic significances.

Actually, I'm Jewish and the 23 prophecies in our Bible were never fulfulled by Jesus; hence he is not OUR Moshiach (Messiah).

I believe in Prophets, I also believe in for-seers.

A shy, invisible or undercover God? That's another matter!

Coincidence and people translate the bible in different ways so it says different things to almost everyone who reads it.

False.

There is enough written about prophecies, their failures, and attempts to reword them in order for them to be fitting.

Your statement is untrue.

The same way explanation Nostradamus made his prediction. If you make a lot of prophecies and be ambiguous enough, sooner or later somebody is going to believe that the prophecy has came to reality.

You see what you want to see. Blue will be red if you so desired and prophesy are fulfilled if you wants it to be fulfilled.

Tell me, why is Jesus not called Immanuel? Didn't Christian claims that the prophesy in Isaiah 7:14: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." was fulfilled when Jesus was born. So, why is he not called Immanuel but Jesus.

Back