Atheists: Isn't your presence in R&S like someone walking by a Santa Meet N' Greet

Joseph

May 16, 2008
Atheists: Isn't your presence in R&S like someone walking by a Santa Meet N' Greet

and shouting "He's fake!"? Basically, no one wants you there or here.

This is a forum about beliefs - not *lack* of belief If Atheism isn't a religion, like we are always reminded, why are you in the religion section?

Believing in santa harms no one and is for the child's amusement. Religion harms people

Actually I want them here. R&S is to discuss religion and spirituality, no one is required to believe in anything to be here.

Now that I think about it, I don't want you here since you cannot contribute something positive.

"Basically, no one wants you there or here"

Aaaah, there's that "Christian love and tolerance" we know so well from a number of the users here. Your deity of choice must be so proud of you. Luckily there are also plenty of Christians on this site with respect for others.

Atheism is a view on religion. This forum is about religion. It's not really that hard to understand.

Would I really have to tell an adult that? Children can have their fantasies, after all, they're children.

If that "Santa meet and greet" was spreading lies about us whilst trying to infiltrate government, laws and schools to make it compulsory that everyone believes in Santa and had to follow laws based on his interpretation of Christmas traditions, then yes it would be just like that.

You mean that everyone at the Santa Meet N' Greet thinks he is real, including all the adults?

Your capitalization of 'atheism' makes you probably classify it as a religion as many non-atheists do, so your logic is probably faulty. There are religions that are atheistic as well, or do you forget?

1. People keep asking questions aimed at atheists.

2. Gods aren't real, but their followers are, and they do real damage.

3. Drink!

You seem to overlook the fact that R&S is not a place to practice religion, it is a place to discuss religion.

I don't have to accept or believe your religion in order to discuss it.

HAHA you basically just analogized that religion is wrong, but that you don't want to admit that it's wrong and would rather just continue in your delusions uninterrupted

For the same reason you'll find no cats in the Cats section.

This is a place for and about religion. Having an interest in religion does not require ascribing to one.

Hey buddy. I have opinions about religion and I'm going to come here and express them. Deal with it.

Please notice it is not called the "PRO-religion/spirituality section" but is open to any and all with any opinion on the topic. That's like saying one has to say only nice things in the politics section. Besides, some atheists ARE religious, for there are non-theistic religions such as Buddhism and there are some atheists who consider themselves "spiritual". In addition, many atheists once were theists, many have theist family, friends, neighbors, employers, employees... Perhaps they want to better understand them. Perhaps they have some insights. And as religion impacts our lives, we have every right to be here. And even if it didn't. Besides, your assertion that "no one wants us here" is false.

Which religion are you? Not one that teaches its members to "share"...

~Ex-Christian; agnostic atheist

Back