Best CELL PHONE CASES? TPU vs Hard Plastic vs COMBO/Layer?

eee

Sep 7, 2007
Going to buy a cell phone case (not an iphone, so no otterbox).
I currently have a silicone case, but I really don't like it. It grips too much for me, so I don't like putting and taking it out of my pocket. It's just a hassle I don't want to deal with.
So I am looking to either get a hard plastic case, or the combo layer ones (both plastic and silicone), or a TPU case.
Just have some questions.
I will be ordering online and I don't think I will get to try/feel some cases instores/in person. So I am asking your opinion.
I just want the case to be a good protector/won't break easily, and for it to have so much grip it would be a little irritating putting and taking it out of my pocket.

The hard case I know is not grippy, but is it really strong enough (I know it's bulky)?
The combo cases, is the outer layer (part making most contact with surfaces) rubber or is it plastic? (guess I am prefering it to be plastic out) also is it a hassle for the bulkiness (I'm a guy with loose pants so tight pockets are not a problem for me).
The TPU cases I hear are still silicone, but I hear they are/there are smoother surface TPU cases, so I am wondering if they are still too grippy for what I want? Or

Back