Big (Multimedia) HDD Problem?

Weill

Nov 30, 2009
Hi!

I already asked a similar question like this, and thought I had solved the problem, but I now found that it still persists (on an even bigger scale).

I have HDDs, a "FujitsuSiemens Storagebird" 1.5TB external HDD and a LaCie LaCinema 500GB (external) multimedia HDD.
I recently bought a SonyEricsson Vivaz Pro mobile phone, and I use all those devices on an Intel P4 3Ghz with an MSI Mainboard running Windows 7 Ultimate.

A few days after installing the SonyEricsson software, the FujitsuSiemens HDD stopped being recognized whenever the SonyEricsson phone was connected. As soon as the phone was disconnected, the HDD was recognized again.
I fixed this problem by using a registry repair program, but now I've realized that I have an even bigger problem with the LaCie HDD (which I rarely connect to the computer).

Whenever I connect the LaCie HDD to the computer, I get the message "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it".
I uninstall the "unknown device" in the device manager, the computer keeps restarting an installation of an "unknown device" (continuing even if the LaCie is connected) and makes dozens of entries of an unknown device in the device manager.

I received a laptop from friend for a Windows-reinstallation today, and tried connecting the HDD to that computer (running Vista Home Premium) - and the same problem occured (even the same problem with continuously installing dozens of new unknown devices).

When I turn the LaCie on with the remote control to use the multimedia function on the TV, it works without any problem though.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Back