Black mold on dirty dishes, cat's puke had a kind of large portion that was black?

Jen

May 12, 2008
I've been incredibly busy with work for the past week & a half or so & have been letting dishes just pile up even though I KNOW it's bad & I shouldn't do it. Just now I had enough time to clean some of the dishes & noticed one of them had some black mold on it.

As I was doing dishes, I heard my cat puke so I went to clean it up & noticed that MOST of it looked like how it normally does, but some of it, maybe 10-15% was black. The last few days I've noticed that I have a cold & I've been feeling nauseous & my stomach easily gets upset. I'm now TERRIFIED that my cat is sick!

Should I rush him to the vet, or will he be ok after I clean everything?

NO. Why take time out by getting your cat (who just ate moldy leftovers) because you are too busy to clean up dishes.To some vet! Seems to me that he wouldn't be after THAT mess, if he had been properly fed.
I believe it takes a bit longer to get dishes looking that "nasty" than your stated few days. Right?
Look if you don't have time for your precious cat, find him a decent home, so he doesn't get poisened again. Your cat is sick and you are too. Get him checked out/& yourself...

Take your cat to the vet before he gets worse. Also, remember that having mold around you is unhealthy for you and your cat, and remember that it only takes a few seconds to rinse off your plate and put it in the dishwasher. It's important to stay healthy!

Take him to the vet today. The emergency hospitals for animals are really expensive. You can finish cleaning when you get home.

Back