Blamed for running a red light by someone else using my driver's license card info.?

mhm

Jun 2, 2008
So we just got insurance and everything for the car I'm driving yesterday and at the same time, we found out that under my record, it showed a record of my driver's license ID being put under a record of me running a red light. However the license plate of the car was "NOT" my car but whoever it is was using my license information. What's more is that it's in another city 7~8 hours away from here that I've never been in.

Now another thing about that is that I have one and only one driver's license in my life and never got it renewed(it hasn't expired yet) or replaced(meaning I still have it in my wallet at this very moment) but somehow when that person got pulled over, my driver's license card information somehow got pulled out and given to whoever that wrote the ticket. Now this also leaves me to wonder, even if they somehow got my license information, shouldn't there be a picture on the license that they should check before actually giving out the ticket? Because if they looked at the picture, they'd clearly know it isn't me on the license that the person who ran the red light has pulled out to show the police or whoever that gave him the ticket.

With all that said, anyone know what can be done about this situation? Thanks for your time.

Back