Can I make my Straight Talk Android run off Verizon towers?

Ken

May 11, 2008
I recently bought a Huawei M865C with Android 2.3.6 and it doesn't work at my house (I live in the country) but my previous Straight Talk phone works just fine. Is there a way to reprogram the phone or something along those lines so I can use it at home?

I would return the Huawei M865C to Wal-Mart and get your money back. If the phone does not work at your house there is nothing you can do. If your Huawei M865C phone roams for 3 months out of 12 months, your service will be shut off and your phone will be black listed. This means that the phone will never be able to work on Straight Talk again.

I would go to the Straight Talk website and put in your zip code to see what phones work best in your calling area. Then buy a phone that is listed for your calling area. If the phones listed for your calling area are not offered at your local Wal-Mart, order the phone from Wal-Mart or from the Straight Talk website.

You could get a Net10 phone instead. Net10 phones will roam to the closest tower for service and will not change you for roaming.

Back