Changing the google account on my Android 2.2.1 phone?

CassieH

Sep 7, 2008
I have a phone running Android 2.2.1 and when I got it I had to make a google account to use it. Well, I had to make a new google account and need to change the account associated with my phone.

I have read answers that I need to do a hard reset, trying to avoid that.

Also read about clearing data in "Google Apps" but apparently android version 2.2.1 has no such app listed. I have trying clearing data for anything with the word google in it, but it isn't working.

Has anyone found a solution for the new version 2.2.1? Other than a hard reset? I really don't want to go to that trouble.
To the first 2 answers:

tried that of course. The operating system pretty much runs linked to the google account so it will not let you "remove account" and there is no option to change it.
Android Core - Thanks! You did lose me on the edit though, not too savvy I'm afraid.

Last question... might sound dumb but how do I move my photos from phone memory to SD card? Other than that I think I'll be fine doing a hard reset, just going to take more work.

Go to your settings and hit were ever it says sync then click on what ever account to delete or if you wanna add another on click add account

Back