Christian Devotions Speak UP! with Julie Elias - Dec 18,2012

tttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mar 4, 2009
Elias career spanned various facets of the arts, from leading worship to musical theater, to fully embracing her call to become a recording artist. Though shes wholeheartedly committed to help listeners tap into their God-ordained purpose, she didnt arrive at her current calling overnight. In fact, her performance path looked completely different just two years ago when the Nevada native found herself in Hollywood pursuing work in film and television. "I studied musical theater in college and theres something fascinating, and downright fun about immersing yourself in a character. To participate in the preparation and rehearsal that goes into a performance is hugely enjoyable and gratifying. Making the move to Hollywood to pursue work in film and television seemed like a great way to make something I was passionate about into a career," says Elias. After making the networking rounds in Hollywood, Elias was well on her way to becoming an up-and-coming actress thanks to various extra roles on Greys Anatomy (where she was a regular for two seasons), CSI: New York, Bones, Flash Forward, Community, Parks and Recreation, Weeds and Dexter. A Christmas trip to her hometown in 2010 caused Elias to reexamine her career options. "It took a seemingly routine Christmas concert that year for me to realize what Ive been called to do. In fact, Christmas of that year was the most clear-cut, obvious message Ive ever received from God, period! It was as if He said, I am spelling it out for you, in bold caps: PAY ATTENTION," Elias says. As Elias gears up to make her mark on the modern day music scene with her engaging songwriting style and fresh pop/rock sound—influenced by Amy Grant, Natalie Merchant, Carrie Underwood, and Sheryl Crow, shes committed to spreading faith-affirming messages that are just as uplifting to believers as they are inspiring to seekers.actress | pop | rock | Christmas | Greys Anatomy

More...

Back