Christians: What is better, love or unselfishness?

RogerRoger

Apr 19, 2010
It's strange how trying to be unselfish, we are actually being more selfish. We are still so focused on ourselves, rather than on the person we are benefiting. The important thing becomes "Am I unselfish" not "Is this person loved?" What do you think?

Isn't love "selfish" but in a good sense? If you love someone, you are finding your good in their good. The focus isn't on what you don't receive. The focus is on what they do receive.

same intelligence, and blessed in the same manner, and, consequently, were united together in the bonds of the everlasting Gospel, and associated by the gift of the Holy Ghost, having a hope that bloomed with immortality and eternal life.
JD 7:118 - p.119, John Taylor, January 10, 1858
I have seen, in my wanderings over the earth, hundreds of such cases as the one we have listened to this morning. I have heard men speak in different nations - in Germany, France, England, Scotland, Wales, the United States, in the Canadas; - no matter where, go where you will, and let a man receive the truth, and his heart is filled with joy and rejoicing. I see people around me here from all these parts that I have heard testify the same things as our brother this morning.
JD 7:119, John Taylor, January 10, 1858
It is this spirit, intelligence, and the gift of the Holy Ghost and its operations on our minds, that has made us one. It is on that account that we speak alike, think

Back