** Convert Video Cassette To DVD **?

mizzr@ymailecom

Jan 9, 2009
Hiiii
Does anyone know how or where i can convert a video cassette into a DVD. Is there a way I could do it myself, hopefully a cheap method would help

Thanks In Advance **__10 Points For The Best Answer__**

If you send it to me, I'll do it for free.

... only if it's an American (ntsc) VHS tape. I don't have anything to play camcorder tapes on in order to capture them to digital. Don't have a PAL player for European tapes either.

If you want to do it yourself... You need a video capture device for your computer. Many of the USB ones don't work that great. Firewire or a PCI card for a desktop is the way to go. Hauppauge makes some nice PCI TV / capture cards that have a hardware MPEG2 encoder so the captured video requires no lengthy conversion process before burning to DVD. That's what I'm using and the quality is pretty good...

A VCR / DVD recorder combo unit would also work, but they won't copy movie tapes with copy protection and probably cost more than a decent capture device.

You can pay to have it done at any place that developes film.

To do it yourself you would need a VCR and a DVD writer hooked up to the same TV. Play the tape and record on the DVD.

Go buy a DVD/Video player were it can record VHS videos onto blank DVDs

Go buy a DVD/Video player were it can record VHS videos onto blank DVDs

There are VHS to DVD converters. If you have a different kind than that, the only way I know of is a firewire.

I Know that most camera/video stores will do it. you try any that you might know of in your area... i always love Ritz Camera... but i don't think that they do it. :(

Now, if you were to do it on your own... you would either have to have a usb/FireWire adapter that will let you hook up The video cable from your VCR to you comtuer.... or a computer that already has them built in... you could probably get an adapter from Best Buy for somewhere around $50... (Don't quote me on that... i'm not quite sure!) But i would say that it is worth it... sure, you gould get 1 tape done at the store for about 12 dollars, but if you have a lot of tapes, you might as well just get the adapter, and then you have it #1, if you ever need to convert another tape, and #2, is that you could use it for other things, like video cameras! and then, of course, you have to have a computer, and blank DVD's then you would plug the VCR into your computer (and of course, this is after you get the adapter) and something SHOULD show up on the screen, and then once you fallow that, (What your computer says) you can save the Movie onto your computer, and then later trTransfert onto a blank DVD...

Good Luck!!!

~ ActorBoy

Back