Feel like the waste product of British Colonialism, Am I alone?

Marcel

Aug 17, 2008
Born Christian, with a Christian name, in India. Part of a very small minority in India, always made to feel like an outsider (racism is everywhere, one who says otherwise is ignorant or a bloody liar) coz of my faith and my name. Came to England, with a ray of hope to experience a sense of belonging outside of my immediate family, but alas, Here too (surprisingly for me) I am an outsider, because of my colour.
Besides other things, Women here also stay away coz they feel we are Indians and will go back to India to get married, Indian women don’t want to do nothing with us coz we eat pork and beef. It sounds petty, but it’s also very profound to someone who experiences it.
Feel like someone without a country, without an origin, am I alone or am I paranoid ?

The way I think about it is, who bloody cares? I just try to get along with me life and form friendships with everyone worth their salt.. Women aren't the ultimate thing in life.. Plus, why specifically British or Indian? There are others, right?

I think getting ahead regardless is the only solution..

I'm neither Indian not British, just for the record.. But I've experience things worse than racism ..

with a name like marcel,are you sure you're english?,sounds suspiciously french to me!!.honestly though,it really depends where you live,most people in britain don't care if you're from mars,if you live as we do.frankly i'm surprised,

Back