Fixing a 1994 Nissan Maxima cut factory wire harness?

apostolichic

Oct 8, 2011
I don't know anything about cars or wiring or anything like that but I do know that the car I recently bought was missing the stereo, and the wire harness had been cut. I know it's a Bose system and I know you cant just put an aftermarket stereo in unless you use some sort of an adapter on the factory wire harness or at least that's what I read online. What I need to know is can it be fixed, and if so what do I need to do. The reason it's like this is because the guy I bought the car from had bought it from some idiot that didn't know anything about installing stereo's in cars and cut the wire harness and threw away the original Bose stereo and the cut portion of the wire harness to go with it because he wanted to put in an aftermarket stereo. Like I said before my knowledge on cars and stereo's is extremely limited and some help would be greatly appreciated. I really need this fixed mainly because my interior lights don't work and I'm guessing it's because this wire is cut, and also it really sucks driving around with no music. The guy I bought the car from gave me the aftermarket stereo the previous owner before him was going to use so now all I need to know is what I need to do to get it installed correctly and working. I want to take the car to a mechanic, but I would prefer to know if it can even be fixed before I waste a trip.

I would go down to the local stereo store and see what new high powered kenwood they have on sale for 200 dollars and have them look at the car you have. you can buy a harness kit that will likely come with your new stereo who knows how old that thing is you have or if it even works. buy a brand new kenwood or something I paid 200 installed in dash for my last one so I know it can be done, and mention the lights while talking to them. And see what they come up with. Dont make the mistake if being a cheap butt now especially since you do not know what you are doing. Get it fixed and get it fixed right it works out a whole lot better that way trust me, and I see some other answerer said the same thing.

Back