Good reading books for teenagers?

Damon

Jul 17, 2008
Ok I'm a teenage girl and i quite like reading when I can get into the book, so what kind of books would you recommend? I don't like Jaqueline Wilson btw

What kind of stories “ring your chimes”? Don’t just stick with one Author, browse through Barns, or your local and give the lesser known Authors a chance. Only one that can really recommend anything is your own taste.

You should try Personal Demons, Original Sin and Last Rite all by Lisa Desrocher. Good read, drama, suspense and passion in one. Also you could try Die For Me by Amy Plum. It's a really good book and there is another one out and one in the making, however I haven't read the second one. Another series of books I've read and like were the 'Soul Screamer' series by Rachel Vincent. The first one is called My Soul to Take. I'd read the first one before buying the others in the series because it is an acquired taste. The start of the first book is quite slow but once you're into it, you're hooked.The books I have just mentioned are also sort of fantasy based. The books by Lisa Desrocher has an Angels vs. Demons kind of storyline told from several POV's. The books by Amy Plum include a lot of romance but also a kick-butt zombie theme (hard to explain, read it. It's good.) The soul screamer books are also romantic but with a supernatural element, this time in the form of Banshees and demons. Really good though. If you prefer more realistic love stories, I'd recommend Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon, three different POV's a lot of laughs, loves and animals. Also the Pretty Little Liars, by Sara Shepard, are a really good read. It's a bitchy crime/drama/comedy/suspense all in one. You may have seen the TV Series. The books are a little different but are still brilliant. Twists in the plot and surprises in every page. There are over 10 books in the series though, so start saving up if you want them all. I'm thirteen but I'm really advanced in my reading. I've read all of these books and I think you'd like them so I'd definitely advise you to read them too.

All of the Malorie Blackman books, I would specifically recommend the 'noughts and crosses' series. Cornelian funky is very good, if you like fantasy. I also enjoy Micheal Morpurgo for a bit of easy reading. Meg rossof is a superb author. Take a trip to your local library, I'm sure you'll be able to find loads in the teen fiction section.

Back