How do I know what type of car stereo to buy?

Sandy

May 12, 2008
My dads truck stereo broke. I don't have a lot of money but I want to buy him a stereo for his truck at walmart. I thought they might be less expensive there. Only problem is I don't know how to find one. I want to order it online, but how do I know what type and size is compatible with his truck. Please help :)

Well if we are talking about the original stereo, then you are better ordering online. But if it's an aftermarket one, any will do. They all fit or can be adapted. But may I suggest Best Buy? It has a bigger selection, and probably cheaper. Good luck.

Crutchfield beats bestbuy beats walmart. a stock replacement would be easy and cheap from a salvage. depending on what kind of truck the "easy installation " aftermarket kit can be complete bullshot and require re-wire

just get a ride to wall mart and see what your buying in hand,and ask them about the adapter plug for whatever type truck your dad has.tell them the year make and model so you get the right plug ins for has stock wiring harness in his truck.it comes with a wiring diagram and hooks to your new stereos wiring harness,they call it plug and play.it costs 10 bucks, ask about it.and you don't have to wait and wonder,its either sony or pioneer there. i would go with the pioneer if possible.

Back