How do I run apps from SD card on my Android phone?

HeatherC

May 28, 2008
I have a Samsung Moment on Sprint running Android 2.1 and my dad keeps telling me 2.1 should have native support for installing apps on the SD card. I really want to do this because my phones memory is getting clogged by apps and I don't like the clutter.

How do I turn this on?

Is there an option to move my current apps over to my microsd card?
If I want to switch from my 2gb microsd to my 4gb microsd, would I just be able to copy everything over directly using my pc and have android be okay with it? or would it freak out?

I don't want to be told to just get root access or something. 2.1 is supposed to support this, according to my father, who works for a mobile phone company. I have searched and searched and all I can find is year old threads talking about using app2sd with root access.

I am also wondering about tethering my phone so I can use it like an internet connection for my pc when I do not have wifi available.

Android 2.1 does NOT support during apps on the memory card- Android 2.2 will. Unfortunately, the Moment will nit be updated to Android 2.2, so you would have to root (jailbreak) your phone to be able to do this

Back