How to track a branded vehicle title?

JG

May 30, 2008
Long story short I bought a 2006 mustang GT 20k miles from a dealer in bremerton, WA, carfax on it was clean.
I was involved in a small accident that required my bumper to be replaced and two rims, ford proceeded to tell me that my car had been wrecked before and showed me proof, I have pictures, clean carfax and all kinds of papers from ford showing it was wrecked prior...

I complained to the dealer I bought it from, they pass the buck to carfax to pay up because their report showed nothing and apparently this dealer doesnt check underneath their cars despite having 2 lifts.

Carfax tells me to file a complaint with them and that it cannot be done thru the dealer, amongt their request is the branded title in question.

well since my car has a clean title that my lien bank has, how the hell can I show them the branded title they missed?

autocheck shows my car was sold at auction with mileage unknown and frame damage in texas, but obviously I still need to get a hold of this title, would getting a hold of the DMV there be the best way to find this branded title? if the title has been rebuilt or washed would there be any trace of the actual original somewhere?

if carfax isnt working its up to the dealer to take this car back without going to court, so we will see....its been such a pain in my ass!!!

Back