How to turn on Bluetooth on my Sony Vaio laptop?

Emma

May 18, 2008
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS21E and I'm downloading the Bluetooth Software because it got erased by mistake ... But it won't continue and it's asking to turn on the bluetooth ... how can i do it ??

1.Check the icon tray (also known as the taskbar) at the bottom of the computer screen. Look for a blue-green square icon with "LAN" in one corner and "B" in the other. Double-click on this icon to open up "Wireless Switch Settings."

2 Open the Vaio Central utility on your computer's operating system if the Wireless Switch icon wasn't in the tray. This can be accessed by the computer's Start menu or by the Vaio Support Central application. Go to the System Information tab in Vaio Central.

3 Open the folder labeled "Network Connections" from the folder list in the System Information tab. Click on the +/- button beside the folder to show the list of options within the folder. Select "Wireless Switch Settings," which should have the blue-green square icon next to it.

4 Check the box in the Wireless Device Switch dialog box that says "Enable Bluetooth Device." This check box is in the middle of the window. Change the wireless LAN from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz because, as the warning message should say, using the 2.4 GHz wireless LAN and the Bluetooth device can make the connection unstable.

5 Click the "Apply" button after the appropriate boxes are checked. The bluetooth radio is now activated. A blue light should come on near the computer's on/off switch for the Wi-Fi radio.

6 Close the dialog box by clicking "OK." Another box should appear explaining that the Wireless Switch Settings icon should now be in the taskbar. Use this icon if you need to turn off the Bluetooth device and turn it back on later.

Read more: How to Turn on Bluetooth for a Sony Vaio | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4866247_turn-bluetooth-sony-vaio.html#ixzz1aVEfY7JJ

Back