I am interested in getting my first telescope. I have a few questions bothering me.?

JlLew

Jul 1, 2010
I have never looked through a telescope. I have no idea what to expect. I have been reading a lot the past few weeks and am still having some trouble. So far, with my price range, I am looking at the orion xt8. i was going to get the xt8i but figured I should spend the extra money on accessories instead. My worries are that I might get bored with it. I really dont want to spend that much money and be bored of it. Everything in the sky interests me greatly. The thing is, I have been reading and it seems that all i will be able to see (with good quality) is the moon, and stars. Is this true? I have read that I will be able to see all the planets but very vaguely. I assume I will probably be able to see some other galaxies too but very faintly as well. If this is all true, then i keep wondering why people would get into this money pit hobby when you really wont be able to see that much. someone with experience please help.

Back