Is it bad to have a mean sense of humor?

yoyo1

May 18, 2008
For the most part, people find my sense of humor hilarious. I never disrespect anyone, I'm just pretty good at telling jokes about people. But sometimes people get mad when my jokes are towards them. Should I stop this?

This is not an easy question to answer.

There are a many of popular comedians that take shots at every race, lifestyle, religion etc., however, they are well known and assumed or at least perceived as not being racist for their jokes are based on or are "truth". They merely point out the BS, silliness or falseness of the above. Some people can handle truth and some can not.

There is a big difference between "mean" and "truth": Mean is saying something that is disrespectful, opinion, hateful, crude etc.

I would strongly caution you tell your harsh jokes to those that know you or at least won't punch you in the nose for the mean jokes.

It depends on how you are joking, and who you are joking with. Some people have no sense of humor and others do. Those who do also have a limit, so be careful on what you are joking about.

Back