Is the Book of Revelations a premonition of an interplanetary war between...

MobledQueen

May 3, 2010
...Earth and Kolob? Is that the most logical interpretation of the text? I asked our priest, and he told me not to bother with the Bible because everything is revealed in the Mass.

Kolob is an imaginary planet made up by Mormons. The bible implies nothing of the sort.

No. The Book of Revelations is not about the future - it is about the present - that is, the present thousands of years ago. The Jews knew that to be openly revolutionary against the Romans would get them executed so they used a form of divination (future telling) that the Romans could not possibly understand ("numerology") to couch their messages of trying to overthrow the Roman occupation of Israel. Even your priest probably does not know this but most well educated Jews will and after all - they wrote it - they ought to know.

Revelations has long been known to have been a "Prophesy" by the Jewish "Messiah" (Eleazar ben Simon) who was instrumental in starting the war between the Romans and the Jews which saw the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 CE.

This prophesy is nothing but another fantasy of a mad religious individual who fanatically believed God would send his "Angels" to help defeat the "evil Romans".

Seems to me that any planet that could move a battle fleet across interstellar space would defeat the earth in about 2 seconds; besides, Revelation is more about an exiled religious fanatic staying in a cave wayyyy too long.

Your priest is quite correct and wise---religion is about the quiet contemplation of mysteries, not about rooting around in old books arguing on minute variations in interpretation.

Depends on your point of view. My viewpoint is that this book is a prediction of the end times. Others think it only refers to 1st century Rome. Still others think it's only a play.
In case you are wondering, Kolob does not exist.

Back