Is the idea of becoming a Christ Follower used in mainline denominations...

Andy

May 13, 2008
...(catholic, lutheran)? I have heard this term coined in Non denominational churches and Baptist but is this term commonly used in Lutheran churches. If not, what do you think it means. I am not really understanding;

It is irrelevant whether the word "follower" is used.What is important is that all Christian denominations teach that we need to accept Jesus as our personal Savior and then sacrificially devote our lives to serving Him.Unfortunately its the last part of that message that is ignored by most Christians. :bubble gum:

Matthew 10:35-39 (Amplified Bible)

35For I have come to part asunder a man from his father, and a daughter from her mother, and a newly married wife from her mother-in-law.36And a man's foes will be they of his own household.37He who loves [and takes more pleasure in] father or mother more than in Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves [and takes more pleasure in] son or daughter more than in Me is not worthy of Me;38And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conforming wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also] is not worthy of Me.39Whoever finds his [lower] life will lose it [the higher life], and whoever loses his [lower] life on My account will find it [the higher life]. :emot0:

sorry i attend non-denominational church but here are some verses that say you have to be a Christ Follower.

Matthew 16:24
“hen said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”

John 8:12
“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

1 Corinthians 11:1
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”

John 8:31-32
“So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Back