Is the use of words such as "RANT" - "LIBERALS" - and "LEFTIES" a cop out for

finglas9

Sep 17, 2008
Is the use of words such as "RANT" - "LIBERALS" - and "LEFTIES" a cop out for

immature YA users ? Very often, in the political section in particular, Questioners and Answerers use the words > "LIBERALS" - "RANT" and "LEFTIES" in a context which shows their lack of constructive argument or input. Is this in itself an abuse of YA and also a mere "RANT" in a benign form because of the users failure to submit valuable points on the details of the subject matter.
Users accused of "RANTING" often have their contribution removed by the Yahoo police - when in fact the accuser invariably contributes nothing in their argument - in my opinion a worse offence.

Hi there.
I was pinged one time for a rant and although i had been more forceful than usual, I disagreed.
Sadly I have had to accept that there are a lot of kids and immature adults on here and if I have the misfortune to come across one, I just let it go.
What really upset the guy was when I asked him if he was 13, as his arguments were so childish and his style so weak. oops, touched a nerve!
Anyway, i agree with you - either people need to learn to deal with passionate responses or to stay away from contentious issues they are ill-equipped to argue out.
I have said as much to yahoo, that they should track the people making "RANT" complaints and if they reoccur, then ban THEM.

Mind you, this might count as a rant now! In my own defence, I am happy to take a blasting if it is well argued - if it is just abusive I lose interest and wander off.
Cheers, Steve.

Back