LG Optimus GT540 BAD SIGNAL need help/advice please!?

Oren

Feb 21, 2010
Hello all,

Recently I picked up the LG Optimus GT540 and so far have had a few problems...

I am on an o2 Simplicity SIM contract, which is like a pay-monthly rolling contract.

When I got the phone, I started to have really bad connection. People would call and it would go straight to voicemail (Have checked the voicemail settings, and it shouldn't do so). Sometimes this would happen even if the phone says full signal.

I also get no signal bars sometimes - when other phones in the same area get them!

In addition to this, when I try and send texts from my phone it takes quite a long time to actually send (even a small, one line text, and still it takes ages). On the right side of the text message I get a little symbol with a red circle thing...

In addition to this, when I click on a contact to call it, it will take ages to connect, and when it eventually does, it will say "Call Diverting" - What does this mean?

Aside from that, I've had some battery issues - it just does not last, and some freezing problems...

But the signal is the main thing!

I've seen on the phone that there is a "Network Mode" setting in which I can choose between:
- GSM / WCDMA auto
- WCDMA only
- GSM only
- GSM / WCDMA preferred

Could changing this be the solution?

I have been given a second SIM which I've had activated to my number as the o2 staff thought it could be a dud SIM, but still no joy and its been over 48 hours of activation, so it should be working perfectly.

Thank you in advance!

Back