My bf was arrested for domestic i told police he hit me but my friend was there...

Corey

May 12, 2008
...also arguing i think he hit me? My bf was arrested for domestic I told the police he hit me my roommate was drunk and starting a fight w both of us all nite the state picked up charges I'm not sure now who hit me pictures were taken my bf was arrested I told the state things were taken out of content and recently learned my roommate had hit me when he was trying to hit my bf I didn't c any of that so I assumed it was all my bfs doing so now my bf in jail and I can't call the public defender there's a no contact order between me n my bf the prosecution won't hear anything I have to say they got me as a hostile witness and saying I have to b n court or I will b n contempt but the other lawyer told me not to show up I already told them I was not going to testify against my bf due to the fact there's more to this than they are aware of I don't know what to do if I show up is it gonna make my bfs case worse or should I just not go even if they r trying to make me I thought I had rights and I feel like the state is taking them from me I thought I could plead the fifth I'm not on trial hear so wat does the state need me for if they know I'm working w the public defender and not them I don't understand there logic

If you have been deemed as a hostile witness, you have no credibility in the eyes of the court. This means no matter what you say, they will likely not believe it. The state is going to press charges because this is a criminal offense, you don't have the option to 'drop the charges' only the state does. If you are subpoenaed (required to) testify, or asked to, then do it, but you don't have a RIGHT to testify at someone elses trial just because you want to, especially if you have already been deemed a hostile witness. If you believe your roommate hit you, your BF needs to add him as a third party defendant- so he can render him liable for what he has been charged for.

If he is smart he won't be your boyfriend anymore. Drunks are the worst girlfriends because they can't find there a$$ with both hands and will put you in jail again.

Back