My Car Audio sounds distorted when plugging it into an Amp?

Nov 28, 2010
Hi i need a little help with installing my car audio. im very new at this so im not sure if everything is done correctly.

I have a PureAudio 50x4 HeadUnit, 2 350W PureAudio 6x9 speakers, 2000W 4channel Icepower AMP, 2 200W JVC Mids, 2 tweeters, and a StarSound Paramtric. no Sub yet but looking at getting 1 soon.

What ive done is connect all the speakers to my HeadUnit and they sound great! but what i want is to have my 2 6x9's connected to the AMP and the Parametric so that i can control the sound on the 6x9's and also later connect the Sub to it.

The problem i am having with that is that when connecting the 6x9's to the amp the very distorted and terrible to listen to. no matter how much i tune the amp and the parametric i just cant get it to play even close to as good as it plays when connected to the HeadUnit. I even tried another 500W 2channel AMP but it does the same thing.

Is there anything im doing wrong? anything i have to do that i haven't done yet? im just clueless and need all the help i can get. and im so sorry for this long thread:)

Back