My daughter had accident with a boat,claiming for compensation.?

GordonF

Feb 12, 2009
.Please can someone advice me-My 3 year old daughter had a boat accident whilst on holiday.I was here at the time and my wife was with her in Italy.She lost her smallest toe and the other 3 top from the nails down.
This happened in the middle of Feb 09 and was due back at the end of the month but due to this unfortunate circumstance has to stay in Italy and is being cared for at a good hospital.
This has been heartbreaking for me and due to circumstances,i couldn't fly to Italy on the day of the bad news.
I've been in contact with my wife regularly and i am going to Italy soon.
The trouble is that my inlaws (my wifes brothers and sisters) who live in Italy have gone to a solicitors to file for compensation on the boating company without my knowledge as this was the last thing on my mind.They are making sure that my wife is the only applicant on this case so they can probably milk some money out of it all.
I keep thinking about the pain my poor litle girl (god bless her) is in and gone through and my inlaws,which i don't get on with,are claiming behind my back.
As the father of the child,shouldn't i be the one named and have rights to represent my daughter for the claim with the solicitors?

Back