PLEASE, Show me how to Organize my music on my Itouch?

audacious83

May 19, 2008
I need to simple things fixed that are just irking the hell out of me. I have 10,000 songs on my Itouch. As far as version, its the itouch right before the released the version with the built in camera. I have got to have my music organized in playlists and everything for me to be happy. PROBLEM - In Itunes when typing in the information at the "Get Info" section there is ARTIST and under that ALBUM ARTIST. On my Itouch when I scroll to find an artist, lets say Eminem....I want to scroll to the E's and see one name Eminem...simple. Then I want to click on his name and have all the albums from him come up and any other songs on any other albums he is guest featured on. And when I scroll searching through albums and find and Eminem album, I want just one listing for the album and all the songs to be under that 1 listing....simple.

When I type Eminem as the Artist and put guest artists in the Album Artist spot, it keeps his Album as one listing, and the songs organized to it with the guest artists appearing under whichever song they are on, PERFECT! The problem is in the Artist section now it will have a listing for Eminem, followed by more listings of Eminem, Dr. Dre or Eminem, Dr. Dre Snoop Dogg. Not perfect!

But if I reverse this and put Eminem in the Album Artist spot and put guest artists in the Artist spot, then in the Artist search it says Eminem, Perfect!!! But now in the album search it lists the same Album 4 or 5 times for which ever songs have guest singers....not perfect.

How do I label the music so that 1 Artist appears. Eminem by himself, if Dr. Dre guest sings that song will appear tagged to his name in the artist list. And if I go to Album there is one single Album showing.

In iTunes in the Info for the track take a look at the sorting tab. There is a field there for "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artist" If you want your Dre & Eminiem songs showing up under Eminem then put Eminem in the "Sort Artist" field for those tracks.

Back