Should i buy the Gossip Girl books after watching the TV series?

terridaniells

Mar 9, 2009
I want to know wether i should go and buy the books, even though i watch the show. Are the storylines the same? Will it be like im just reading what ive already seen? Are the books good? Ive already read the books from the IT girl collection, and loved them.

The GG books is different from the show so I guess you won't get bored since the story is different. They made the characters more "TV friendly" compared to the books wherein Nate is a druggie..

Personally no - if you have watched the programmes - you will know the storylines! Spend your money on new and uncharted territory.

SOME of the story lines are the same. A lot of them are different. I started the books before I watched the show. I liked them a lot before seeing the show, but after I watched it I don't like them as much. I plan on finishing them and reading the IT girl books, so I think you should read them to...but, you won't like them as much as the show...in my opinion.

I think I would because the books are often a good read and you liked the IT girl ones.
I think that yeh, the storylines will be similar and so maybe reading a similar genre would be good instead, but i've people who have read them have loved them so.... x.

The books are so much better than the TV show.
You really should read them.
The storylines are actually really different.

Back