Should I quit my job to go travel the world?

Hank

May 19, 2008
I am 22 years old and graduated from college last spring. I have always wanted to travel and see the world, but have only been out of the United States once. With the bad economy, I planned on traveling this year. I was able to find a job relatively quickly, working in public relations in San Francisco. It's a good job and all, but I am having a hard time being happy with the 9-5.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I don't travel now and sink into the career path, I will never be able to travel like I want to. I've been working for about 6 months now.

I have the financial means to travel, having saved up a lot of money over my life. The only issue is quitting my first "real" job amidst a crappy economy.

I just feel like I need to do something different, that my life has been too cookie-cutter, and if I don't travel when I have the chance, I will regret it for the rest of my life.

Should I stay at my job or quit and travel, to get it out of my system before I settle down in a straight career path?

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Back