Sony Ericsson w700i Green Camera Problem. Need help!?

RameezSuleman

Nov 20, 2012
I have this phone for 4 years now it has been working perfect since. Recently a few months earlier I have been experiencing this really bad camera problem. It happens when I don't use my camera for a long time (2-3 days).
The problem is when I open my camera it displays a distorted image with green lines coming down over it. The picture on the back is unfocused and most of the time its black and white. When I try to capture an image, sometimes it saves as a disturbed photo and sometimes it just closes the camera. It records the video with the green lines and distorted image.
Now, I have tried some things on my own and it worked for a few times:

1) I tried taking pictures continuously at first that resolved the lens or focus of the camera to its original state allowing me to use it correctly.
2) Taking pictures did not help anymore, so I tried recording video and rotating the phone to relocate the focus. It worked once and the camera got back.
3) Rotating the phone with the camera on does not work anymore too, when I am about to almost get the focus back, either my phone restarts or camera shuts off.
4) I have tried pressing the camera lens, blowing air in it, shaking it and tried everything in this wikiHow : http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-Lens-Problems-on-Your-Digital-Camera , but all in vain.

When I got back the camera last time, I usually took photos in every 3 hours and that kept the camera from going back into this cancer and I noticed that If I forgot to take photos or make video or even turn on the camera in about 5-6 hours it gets this disease all over again which happened this time and that is why I seek your advice.

Back