t-mobile samsung galaxy s doesn't connect to kies?

MihirD

Jun 1, 2008
hi. i got a samsung galaxy s. i downloaded samsung kies from the samsung website. i'm trying to connect my phone via the kies software but the kies software says "please reconnect the device in samsung kies (pc studio) mode. the current connection mode is not supported by kies.

my problem is that my phone doesn't have the option to connect via samsung kies. how could i get it to connect to samsung kies?!

i got this cell from usa. currently i'm in india and since the firmware update is available for samsung i9000 phone out here (which is the indian version of samsung galaxy s), i thought that i might as well get my phone up to date than wait for t-mobile to give it out in the US.

whether this would be possible or not is a secondary issue. 'cuz they may or may not allow the t-mobile handsets to update via kies as of now. but the primary issue is that my phone doesn't give me the freakin' option to connect via kies. how am i supposed to resolve this issue? 'cuz i believe that if i could get my phone to connect via the kies software, i might as well be able to update the firmware... who knows...

Back