the jews do not believe jesus was the messiah because he did not fulfill...

thelastone1

Oct 7, 2010
...all the prophecies? in the old testament.....but the christians say, that he will fulfill them all when he returns...like bringing peace and gathering all the jews back....where in the bible does it say the messiah was going to finish his work after he rose from the dead?

in the old testament it states a king will be born on to you but you will not accept him,that happened.
that HE would ride a donkey into Jerusalem, that happened.that they will not accept HIS teaching's and will be handed over to be crucified,that HE would rise on the third day that happened.HIS name shall never be forgotten.it has not.those prophecies are fulfil.but there were many more.then in the new testament,i will gather you from all nations to bring you back,that happened in 1948 when ISRAEL became a nation,many are returning.i will make you a burdensome stone a land filled with trouble and sorrow that is happening.these are just a few things to take place before JESUS returns to fulfil the rest of the prophecies.JESUS said man's words will pass away but my word;s will not pass away until all is fulfilled.many prophecies has already fulfil,many are taken place today and some are to be.GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES.

It never prophesies such. The messiah is supposed to fill all of the prophecies during his earthly lifetime as king of Israel, such as unite all of the governments of the world which will all bow to his authority, expel and defeat all of Israel's enemies, etc. Didn't happen.

It is said that a drowning man will grasp at straws hoping to stay afloat....

namaste

No. Mostly they don't accept the *stories* about magic jesus being any "messiah," because the stories have no supporting evidence to begin with.

Peace.

jesus came proclaiming he was from god and they disbelieved him

their interpretation of what the messiah was to be is wrong by god's word

jesus told them what to look for and they rejected him

KJV: John Chapter 5

[39]
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

[40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 1:11
11 He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him.

+Jesus, I Trust In You!

It does not. According to the Jewish prophets, the messiah is a normal human being (there are no demi-G-ds, or sons of G-d, partial G-ds, etc in Judaism) so he will have to fulfill all the requirements (like ending war, ending death, ushering in world peace, etc.) in one human lifetime.

Clearly Jesus did not do that.

That's fine for Christians to say he will, but they are using an entirely different standard then from Jewish scripture. That's when they say Jews just don't understand our own scripture, that we changed it, etc. and other forms of disrespectful nonsense.

God inspired these words which meant something different to the original Old Testament authors but were fulfilled by the death, burial and resurrection of the man Jesus Christ who relied on God to be raised from the grave. Concerning the Messiah:

DEATH ON THE CROSS:
"Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. Deliver my life from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs. I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you. All the rich of the earth will feast and worship; all who go down to the dust will kneel before him--those who cannot keep themselves alive. They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn--for he has done it." Psalm 22 (979 B.C.)

BURIAL IN THE GRAVE:
"In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry. I said, ‘I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.’ To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O Lord my God." Jonah 2 (760 B.C.)

RESURRECTION AND RETURN:
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son." Zech 12:10 (520 B.C.)

Jesus was gay. God got pissed and decided to shove that cross up his as s. The jews deny him out of fear they become gay too (those hats are suspicious enough).

I think there is a deeper question.

Why would it matter?

There are 613 Mitzvot for Jews and 7 Noahite Laws for Non-Jews. Not a single one says anyone needs to "recognize" the messiah when he comes.

The messiah will be a man, born of two normal human biological parents, not a virgin birth god man.
Even the notion of Trinity did not become part of Christianity for hundreds of years (the council of nicea). Before that, it was "Bianity" and before that Unity and Jesus' original followers, the Nazarenes had no real differences with Pharisees at all other than thinking Jesus was going to be the human messiah.

So, quibbling over whether a 2000 year gap is a "fatal flaw" seems to me like arranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

a few months back when Judgement Day didnt happen, Harold Camping backpedaled, and said "it was a SPIRITUAL judgement day"

same kind of deal with the promised Messiah, Jesus... he reigns over Israel SPIRITUALLY.

(except, he doesn't, actually, ...he reigns over western religion)

The religious leaders in Jesus time did not want anyone to believe that Jesus was the Messiah so they set out to kill Him and brainwashed many of their followers into believing that Jesus was not God.
Jesus did fulfill all of the prophecies.

Back