Twins closer Glen Perkins helps out fan who was scammed trying to buy tickets

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
perkins042913.jpg
When Minnesota Twins relief pitcher Glen Perkins talked to Big League Stew for the Answer Man segment, our own David Brown noted that Perkins "engages fans like few other pro athletes on Twitter." Now Perkins has proven just that.

This story starts when Alex Berg, a college student and Twins fan, tweeted Perkins on Sunday asking for help:

how many? RT @alexberg22: Got screwed over on tickets I bought last night for today's game. Any chance my fav.player @glen_perkins can help?

— Glen Perkins (@glen_perkins) April 28, 2013

Ask yourself this: How often do fans ask pro athletes for things? Especially in the Twitter era. Obliging requests could be a full-time job. It would be very easy to ignore this type of stuff, but ...

gate 29 window 3 under Alex berg. @alexberg22: @glen_perkins 4 tickets. My girlfriend, my grandma, and my cousin.

— Glen Perkins (@glen_perkins) April 28, 2013

What a guy! Was it the grandma mention? We don't know for sure. But we do know the Twins won 5-0. Perkins didn't pitch, but he was still a hero to four people in the stands.

@glen_perkins Thanks again for the tickets! We love our seats! #GoTwins twitter.com/AlexBerg22/sta…

— Alex Berg (@AlexBerg22) April 28, 2013

Don't be surprised when others players' Twitter mentions get blown up by fans asking for free tickets. Not all of them will be as kind as Glen Perkins, though, you can count on that.

Baseball is back. Don't miss anything.
Follow @MikeOz and @bigleaguestew, on Twitter, along with the BLS Facebook page.​

Back