Uninsured hit insured company truck that ran red light in Houston. Insurance

trusweet7

Jan 3, 2009
appraised & deducted 30%.How? My bf driving through intersection breaked but still hit a company owned pickup truck that ran red light in Houston, Texas. My bf is uninsured and police gave other driver citation for running red light. The insurance company appraised my bf's vehicle and offered 30% less because they said the damage on my bf's vehicle sustained (totaled) was a lot due to him speeding. The insurance company is not willing to pay for 1 doctor visit or rental car either. What is the insurance company trying to do and what are they trying to get away with?

They're trying to cut their losses by partially blaming your BF for the accident since he was supposedly speeding. Some companies almost automatically try to shift some of the blame onto the other driver for this reason; sometimes it's correct, sometimes not. If he's sure he wasn't speeding, tell the company that it's not acceptable and you want full payment. Then go get some insurance for him, if he gets to keep his license--it should be suspended until he does.

Back