Washer Dryer bit of a newbie question?

Dean

May 13, 2008
Bit of a newbie question here but I moved into a flat and they had lost the instructions for the washing machine I have and I can't figure out if its a dryer also how can you tell if it is? it has spin option is that the same as dryer?? I haven't been blessed with a garden so its annoying on the cold days drying clothes on radiator and having windows open to stop condensation either that or im thinking of going to the laundrette. I dont even no the make of the machine it has the usual twist that has numbers 1-9 if I have it on 7 thats the daily wash thing but not sure if i can dry clothes in it
Is there a symbol for a dryer?

If it has an agitator in the middle of it, it's a washer. If it's a top load you can bet it's a washer. Also if you really can't tell just start it up and see if water comes out.

Added - I think I get what you are asking. You have only machine and are wanting to know if it is a washer and dryer in one right? Probably it is a washer only because I have never seen a washer and dryer in the same machine before. Usually if its a combination there are two separate openings and one part is a washer and one part is a dryer. I don't think it would be possible to make something that washes clothes and then dries them or if it is possible it would be too expensive to put in a rental flat. You will probably have to hang your clothes on a line - do you have one outside?:stop glass:

Back