What am I? (Religion)?

I wouldn't call myself an atheist, but I wouldn't call myself a Christian either. I believe that God exists, but I don't believe in the Christian God or look at the Bible for answers. I don't believe the story behind the Christian god, how he works, how he came to be, what he's like, etc... I simply believe that a higher being exists and that he's watching over us. I believe as long as your a good person who loves and cares for others that good things will happen to you. I believe that there is life after death. I don't know what it's like but I believe something happens to us after we die. So what am I?

I don't know why people are saying you are agnostic, because to be agnostic means that you believe there is some vague higher being out there, but you're not sure what it could be, or further details about the higher being. I would call you merely a theist, which means that you believe in a God, but do not identify this god with any particular religion.

I hope this clarifies things, and you can email me about this if you have further questions.

-edit-
Zod has a very good answer. BOW BEFORE ZOD

You're a deist. Agnostic refers to not knowing whether a God exists, which may also apply, but since you believe in a god, deist is the more appropriate term.

You are someone who neither wants to deal with reality nor ritual. You are a retreatist. You will end up in a cabin writing manifestos one day.

The reasons which make great number of people become Muslims.
* It is the last Divine Religion revealed to man.
* Islam recognizes previous divine revelations. On the other hand, Jews do not recognize Jesus, and the Christians do not recognize Muhammad; whereas, Muslims recognize Moses and Jesus, may Allah exalt their mention
* In Islam humans relates with their Lord in all matters and conditions.
* Islam is the only Religion which has not been distorted or changed.
Harry G. Dorman said:
'It (the Quran) is literal Revelation of God, dictated to Muhammad by Gabriel, perfect in every letter. It is an ever-present miracle witnessing to itself and to Muhammad, the Prophet of God. Its miraculous quality resides partly in its style, so perfect and lofty that neither man nor jinn could produce a single chapter to compare with its briefest chapter, and partly in its content of teachings, prophecies about the future, and amazingly accurate information such as the illiterate Muhammad could never have gathered of his own accord.'34
* Islam is the Religion which covers the material and spiritual aspects of life. It did not neglect even the slightest of things in a Muslim's life. Abdurrahmaan b. Zaid said that it was said to Salman:
'Your Prophet has taught you everything, even how to relieve yourselves? Salman said: 'Of course, he forbade us to face the direction of the Qiblah while defecating or urinating, or to clean oneself with his right hand, or to use less than three stones, or to use bone or dung (to clean oneself).' (Muslim)
W. Thomas Arnold said: 'Sense of justice is one of the most wonderful ideals of Islam, because as I read in the Quran I find those dynamic principles of life, not mystic but practical ethics for the daily conduct of life suited to the whole world.'
* Islam satisfies the man's bodily and spiritual needs in equilibrium. It refuses that one aspect be given precedence over the other.
* Islam does not conflict with man's intellect and natural disposition.
* Islam is the Religion for humankind at large, regardless of their education, time and place which, in contrast to previous religions were sent to a specific people during a specific time. For example, if a person wants to become a Jew, he has to be born a Jew. Jesus said about Christianity: 'I was sent to the lost sheep of the Children of Israel.'
Read more on the link:
http://www.thekeytoislam.com/en/why-beco…
Source(s):
1. As Muslims we cannot lie about anything, especially about our religion.
2. We have original recorded sources of our religion:

A) The Quran
http://www.quranexplorer.com

B) Teachings of Muhammad - the Authentic saying or Sunnah
http://www.quranexplorer.com/hadith/engl…

This is a unique part of Islam, not available in any other ancient religions.

Back