What position should I play?

BobJ

May 13, 2008
Hey,

I'm 18 years old I've been playing football for 10 years now (for a club) and I'm not quite sure what position I should be in. I've played Centre back, Right back, Centre Midfielder, Right Midfielder and Striker. Striker is the most I've played as with 6 and the other 3 sharing 4 years of experience between them. I enjoy them all but I feel like all of me isn't be used in the Striker position.

I am 6ft, my body build would be slim I'm strong on the ball though considering my physique.

My weak parts of the game would be Heading at goals.

My play style feels like Vieira, V.Persie and Fabregas all in one. (Yes Arsenal players :p )

I love to run with the ball, I'm not skillful but I'm very pacy so I can easily side step the opposition and pass them, I'm a very strong tackler and have been told that my defensive abilities are flawless. My finishing and off the ball movement is very strong, my strength would have to be my movement and ability to read the game. I have a very good first touch and play very smart, I'm a very good passer of the ball, countless times I've split a defence with a 30-40 yard pass.

Since I play the last man striker, I never have to give an intelligent pass or defend or run at the opposition since all I do is go the ball 1st time with my back to goal or make off ball runs and receive the pass 1 on 1 with the keeper. All I use is finishing off the ball movement, when I played for school teams I would sit in the Centre Midfield and I would have a field day with the opposition, my reading of the game meant I intercepted every pass then would unleash our strikers. Any help please?

Back