What should I do if an item I bought from BestBuy caused damages to my car?

JK

May 14, 2008
I went to a local BestBuy to purchase a Radio player for my car. I asked one of the workers to see which one of the product fits my car because I knew some certain brands cannot fit certain cars. The worker told me "any of the radio players will work" for the reason that they have accessories to help the radio player to fit into my car. So I bought one of the Radio player. (the worker gave me wrong accessories 'Acura' which made me go back to get the right ones for my Honda accord. I tried to install it after I gone home. I followed all the instructions and the result came out to be, the New Radio Player could not turn on, and my original radio player cannot turn on as well. At night time, I realized the mile clock couldn't turn on the lights too. So I will not be able to see how many mile I am driving if i were to go out at night time. I checked online to see if this product fits my car, the result is NO. So can I claim the BestBuy retail store for misleading me to buy a product that does not fit my car and caused damages?

Back