What should i do if my husband continues to mistreat our adopted children?

heidi

May 15, 2008
my hushand, colin, and i had adopted a boy named mike and a girl named vicky from an orphanage. we still visit the orphanage on special occasions. colin often threatens to send mike and vicky back to the orphanage if they did not behave. he tells them how lucky they are to have a family, how kind we are to take them in, and how grateful they should be. vicky once confided in me that going to visit the orphanage reminds her of where she had come from. she feels she could never escape being an orphan. there had recently been a party at the orphanage, and we took some of our children's old stuff to gave to the children in the home. a curly-haired little girl climbed into colin's lap and he began to fuss over her. that made vicky feel frightened and jealous. she was prettier than she was, and she was afraid that he would take that girl home and leave her there. whenever mike and vicky gets anything like a football, a bike or a new pair of rollerskates, colin would tell them how expensive it was and how hard we have to work to gave them a good life. while we were all eating breakfast at the table today, colin said loudly to the family "it was the worst thing, wasn't it, the day we went and got these two little bastards from that place?"

Back