what type of laptop would an IT expert recommend for a newbie leaving the...

Corrie

Jul 11, 2008
...home+home PC to go out on my own? I'm moving to my own tiny apt. w/ tiny income and have been using my family's PCs. I rely on them for tech stuff but I won"t be far. I do many downloads and camera work. I have no idea where to turn and all my experience is Windows. budget+-500$. Thanks.

get an HP pavilion im not sure which model but it has a 12-cell battery and the color is called mocha
im getting this model in a couple weeks when i save up enough cash its like $650 or so

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! DO NOT BUY AN HP DV- ANYTHING!!!!

Check out the lawsuit against HP for this model. They are designed to fail after about 2 years tops. I run my own computer repair shop and the #1 system I get in is HP DV9000'S AND DV6000'S with toasted motherboards and video chips. Look at a dell laptop they are built pretty solid!

Hope this helps and vote best answer please:)

The hp dv6 entertainment pc's are good for what you are going to be using them for. The newest dv6 is about 650. However there are loads of pc's out there that will fit your needs. I don't want to make things to long here, so just email me via my profile and i can definetly help you more with a little more information on what you need, and what you are looking for. Give me a shout when you can, i can surly help you out.

Back