Which is the better used car, 2007 Kia Spectra or 2001 Volkswagen Jetta?

JR1

May 19, 2008
The 2007 Kia Spectra 48,564 miles $9,199 One Owner
The 2001 Volkswagen Jetta 72,586 miles $7,699 Two Owner
Also, Safety is most important to me, Reliability is a close second, fuel efficiency I guess would be third, along with any other important factors I should consider.

All Jettas are assembled in Mexico, its a modern car plant with great quality control, no issue there. If the Jetta was maintained according to VW service manual it will be a good car, if not it can give you trouble. European cars in general have to be serviced and maintained, not just oil changes, but also transmission fluid changes, cooling system fluids replaced, timing belts, etc. all according to the service schedule, if this is done expect 200,000 + miles of service life.

If safety is your main concern both tested well in crash tests and recieved a 5 star (best) rating.

The Jetta will hold it's value better, the KIA is probably still under warranty which is never a bad thing.

If driving dynamics matters, the Jetta is a much better experience behind the wheel. There is no comparing the European handling capabilities of the Jetta to the KIA.

hahahahahahahahahah
a jetta is like an oversized gokart
not safe
id go with the kia, its 6 years newer 24 k miles less and more reliable.
1500$ more isn't much if you think about all the advantages of the kia.

i have a Jetta =]
i would definitely recommend it. i love mine, it hasn't failed me yet.
it also gets wicked gas milage. but then again, i'm no car expert.

look at the place of manufacture tag inside the drivers door on the jetta. if it was made in mexico, then i would buy the kia.

Back